The website title shall not collect personal information about you when accessing the website unless you choose specifically and willingly to provide such information to us. If you do that, we shall use such details only to process your application for obtaining information or services. By using this website, you approve and accept these Terms and Conditions for privacy.
This website and those in charge of the same shall follow comprehensive and strict information security policy. Moreover, the authorized staff may only access the personal identity information, where such staff pledged to maintain confidentiality of the information provided.
Central Bank of The UAE may take the appropriate measures to protect website against any loss, abuse or change of information available on the website on the condition that Central Bank of The UAE shall not guarantee to maintain confidentiality of the website contents. In addition, it shall not be also legally liable for any damage that may be caused to you or any person as a result of violation of privacy regarding information that might be transferred to the website.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors and users of the Central Bank of the UAE website (the "Website").
1- Access to Website
1.1 Users shall not violate or attempt to violate the applicable procedures and regulations for protecting the Website including but not limited to the following:
- Accessing details that are not intended to be provided to this user or logging into a server or an account that the user is not authorized to access.
- Attempting to conduct any test or survey for finding weakness of any system or network of Central Bank of The UAE or violating applicable procedures or documenting them without an official permit from Central Bank of The UAE.
- Attempting to interfere in the provided service on the part of any user, host or network including but not limited to placing a virus on the Website, increasing load to or immersing it, sending commercial messages to it or avalanching it with electronic messages or even destroying it.
- Sending unwanted electronic messages to the Website including commercials and/or advertisements on services or products, falsifying and dispatch control protocol package address/internet protocol or any part of the address details in any electronic messages or sending news messages.
- Using the Website by any means for sending an e-mail, anything of it or on its behalf, by referring to it, or assuming the identity of its name involving offence or libel of Central Bank of The UAE, Website or any person whomsoever, announcing any untrue news or information and ascribing it to Central Bank of the UAE unlawfully.
1.2 Users who violate the rules of usage, or where there are reasons to believe that they have violated or breached such rules, may be stopped and /or prevented from using the Website.
1.3 Violating rules of usage, system or network shall expose the involved person to civil and criminal liability. Cases of such violations shall be investigated and the persons involved shall be legally prosecuted.
2- Intellectual Property
2.1 These Intellectual Property terms form part of the Central Bank of the UAE website general Terms and Conditions.
2.2 Unless otherwise stated, the Central Bank of the UAE owns the copyright and any other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website including text, graphics, images, files, links and sound.
2.3 You may download or print information and material from this Website for personal use, use within an organization or non-commercial use. The Central Bank’s copyright symbol (© Central Bank of the UAE) must appear on any material reproduced, saved, printed or otherwise distributed from this Website.
2.4 You must not use the name or logo of the Central Bank of the UAE in any advertisement or public announcement or any form of documents or records or communication (whether verbal or written or electronic or otherwise) without the Central Bank’s prior written consent.
2.5 Any unauthorized use, reproduction or printing of the information, materials and proprietary rights contained in this Website is strictly prohibited.
Central Bank of The UAE shall not be held liable for any loss or damages arising from the use of, or inability to use this Website.
4.1 To meet the user needs, links for other websites have been listed on this Website. Central Bank of The UAE shall not be liable for any contents provided on these websites, their improper usage on the part of any person or proper function or any problems arising due to their usage.
4.2 It shall be permitted to have direct link with all pages hosted on this Website. Nevertheless, uploading any pages within separate frameworks on another website is not permitted. Pages of this Website shall be uploaded within the full window of the user or as a new one.
5.2 The Website title shall not collect personal information about you when accessing the Website unless you choose specifically and willingly to provide such information to us. If you do that, we shall use such details only to process your application for obtaining information or services.
5.3 This Website and those in charge of the same shall follow comprehensive and strict information security policy. Moreover, the authorized staff may only access the personal identity information, where such staff pledged to maintain confidentiality of the information provided.
5.4 Central Bank of The UAE may take the appropriate measures to protect the Website against any loss, abuse or change of information available on the Website, in which case the Central Bank shall not be liable for any damage caused to the user or any other person as a result of disclosure of confidential information shared through the Website.
6- General Provisions
6.1 The CBUAE reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions, this Website and its contents without prior notice.
6.2 The Terms and Conditions and any obligations arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the UAE.
6.3 Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in the UAE.
The Central Bank of the UAE (CBUAE) advises caution against responding to fraudulent e-mails and internet postings purporting to be legitimate CBUAE communications and postings.
The CBUAE is not a retail bank and we do not carry out transactions or hold funds for members of the public. If you have been informed via email, social media, telephone or post that you have a claim on or have funds held at the CBUAE or you have received any documents or details of investment opportunities that appear to come from the CBUAE, it is likely to be fraudulent.
The CBUAE is aware that its name and that the names of some of its employees are sometimes used to progress different forms of fraud, perpetrated against third parties.
Some of these scams are attempts at identity theft, including fraudulent emails, faxes, including copies of our website.
E-mails or letters are sent proposing various schemes such as offering loans, investment opportunities or participation in financial transactions, and / or requiring an advance payment in connection with a transaction supposedly to be made through the CBUAE.
These fraudulent materials use the CBUAE’s name, logo and address, as well as names of our staff and management from time to time – all without CBUAE’s permission.
The CBUAE requests you to be alert and always confirm the authenticity of any emails or documents you receive that purport to be from the CBUAE.
We urge you to check to make sure that all communications are legitimate and NOT to send money to any unauthorized individuals or institutions.
The CBUAE can take no responsibility for losses arising from these sites, services or documents.
The CBUAE cannot and will not honor any commitments or promises made by fake employees, imposters or unauthorized individuals.
Please Note :
- The CBUAE never sends emails from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or other public email accounts such as live.com.
- We do not contact individuals through, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
- All our emails use our email address: @ cbuae.gov.ae and we do not use any other variations (for e.g. @cb-uae.ae,cbuae-ae.com).
- If you believe that you have been the victim of any fraud, please consider reporting it to your local law enforcement authority.
- Please notify us if the fraud involves a misuse of the CBUAE’s name or logo, or the name of any CBUAE employee, or a fake email address or emails purporting to be from the CBUAE.
- If you want to notify us of incidents or provide tips or have any questions about these matters you may choose to submit this confidential message by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or written letter to Head – CBUAE information Security, PO Box 854, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Whistleblowing plays a critical role in keeping our Institution honest, efficient and responsible. In recognition of this role, The Central Bank of The UAE provides the opportunity for all stakeholders including supervised entities, vendors, counterparties and the public to discreetly disclose wrongdoing in an environment free from the threat of retaliation. Fraud and corruption can be averted and reputations protected if timely information is received and acted upon.
If you want to notify us of incidents, provide tips relating to fraud, ethical violations, noncompliance with the applicable laws and regulations, or have any questions about these matters you may choose to do so via email to Compliance@cbuae.gov.ae
You can also contact us directly:
- In Person at our HQ offices – CBUAE Compliance Unit
- Via phone on +971 2 691 5866
- In writing to Compliance Unit/ CBUAE PO Box 854, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Your details will be held in confidence to the fullest extent practical or allowed by law. Individuals providing information can be assured that information received will be evaluated and acted upon as necessary.